Posted by Leura Community Alliance on Tuesday, 17 January 2023
The following reply was received in response to FOGAL's submission (Friends of Gordon Falls and Leura)
Return to the Alliance page
Thank you for your submission in regard to the Gordon Falls Reserve Precinct Plan.
All comments and submissions received from the community will be considered as we progress the precinct planning to the Draft Concept Design stage.
I provide some feedback to the matters you raised without a point by point response :
Traffic Management, Buses and Coaches
- The amended plan will show the bus stop – “Local Buses Only” further to the west but still in front of the Reserve. Mini buses up to 22 seater “Coaster” type buses will be permitted to park behind the bus stop. Large tourist coaches will not be provided for;
- The amended design for the northern car park will be accessed by a driveway that is moved north;
- The amended design for toilet facilities will locate them close to the location of existing, while still ensuring universal access and CPTED principles are addressed;
- In relation to Elysian Rock Lookout he Option 1b will be pursued providing clear sight lines for accessible users at the rear of the fenced rock lookout;
- Corner Lookout will be relocated as we discussed to around chainage 315. Your suggestion as to the naming will be considered;
- Your suggestion with regard to handrails relating to accessible users will be considered;
- The additional Park Lookout will be pursued as a widening to the path at that location allowing one of a few spots for users to rest and enjoy the view;
- Olympian Close will be pursued with the driveway reduced in width.
The next stage for this project is to make revisions responding to feedback received from all stakeholders and move toward adoption of the Draft Concept Design by the elected Council.
Rob Fallon | Principal Landscape Architect– Planning & Environment | t 0468 970 828
Blue Mountains City Council l firstname.lastname@example.org l www.bmcc.nsw.gov.aul Locked Bag 1005 Katoomba NSW 2780